We are honored to be a part of your BIG DAY – and more importantly – we look forward to the process of helping you prepare for what happens after the BIG DAY – being married!
You will spend far more time together as husband and wife than you will in planning for your wedding, so we want to help you prepare appropriately. As part of that preparation, we require you to participate in pre-marital counseling. Learn more about our pre-marital counseling offerings.
We understand that there are many pressing concerns and we want to be sensitive to them – from location, to wedding planners, to flowers – all of them will help make your wedding incredible. However, none of them will help your marriage. So, first things first.
Since marriage is created by God, He alone gets to define it. Marriage is not merely a civil agreement between two parties; it is a sacred covenant between one man and one woman that springs from the very heart of the One who created it. And it was designed to glorify Him.
Far from our normal thinking, marriage is not about efficiency, economics, or even sex. Marriage is about God. Husbands and wives were designed with certain roles. These roles serve to demonstrate the relationship that Jesus Christ has with His church.
In order to assist you, we ask that you apply at least six months prior to your anticipated wedding date. If you are unable to turn in your forms at least six months in advance of your wedding date, we may not be able to guarantee that we will have a pastor available to officiate your ceremony.
Whether you are interested in having your ceremony at Lake Forest Church or have one of our pastors officiate your wedding at another location the process begins the same:
Steps to Scheduling Your Wedding
• Download Lake Forest Church Wedding Policies and Procedures and Wedding Agreement forms (below).
• Return completed Wedding Agreement Form and your deposit to the church office.
• You will be contacted by phone to review your forms, answer any questions you have about the process and help us learn a little more about you. This will also be a time to discuss what your next steps are. At this time, we will also schedule and confirm the wedding date with the officiating pastor of your choice.
• After the initial phone call, we will connect you with the Wedding Coordinator, refer you for marriage counseling or begin the process of scheduling the counseling with the officiating pastor.
• The Wedding Coordinator will contact you to begin the planning process.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Suzanne Powell at 704.948.3232.